KidSnips’ stylists cater to kids with special needs. We’re here to help make their experience at any of our eight salons as memorable as possible.
A few tips and resources for you to know:
- We’ll explain to your child exactly what our stylist is planning to do during their haircut in order to make them as relaxed as possible.
- Feel free to bring any special items that your child would find comforting to hold, or offer something as a reward for after the haircut.
- Sensory issues will be handled with great care, often foregoing clipper and trimmers for scissors only or vice versa.
- We will spray our hands or combs with water to avoid spraying directly on the child’s hair if its uncomfortable for them to feel it spray.
- Think of a few activities, toys or food that your child would enjoy as a special bonus or reward after their haircut.
- All of our locations are wheelchair friendly.
- Autism Speaks is a fantastic resource for information on autism. Autism Speaks has a special section with tips and videos about getting a successful haircut. You can access their site at: http://www.autismspeaks.org/family-services/tool-kits/tips-successful-haircuts
It often helps to show your child what they might experience upon getting their hair cut. KidSnips suggests giving the visual walk-through below to your child.