KidSnips is proud to be a donation partner of Wigs for Kids. With our customers’ support, KidSnips makes approximately 500 hair donations per year. The donation process consists of making several hair sections, cutting at least 12” for each section, then re-cutting the hair into a fashionable style for FREE. We send in the hair on behalf of the client.
Donating hair is a great opportunity for children to meaningfully participate in a charitable cause that directly helps other children! For those who are able, we encourage you to consider making a hair or financial donation to Wigs for Kids. KidSnips is happy to help by sending in your hair and covering the cost of your haircut too!
What is Wigs for Kids?
Wigs for Kids is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides Hair Replacement Systems for financially disadvantaged children in North America who experience medical hair loss as a result of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, Alopecia, Trichotillomania, burns, and other medical reasons. Wigs for Kids provides Hair Replacement Systems free of cost to qualifying individuals. Visit the Wigs for Kids website to learn more.
How to Prepare to Donate Your Hair:
- Call KidSnips to make an appointment. Hair donations are by appointment only.
- Hair donations must be a minimum of 12 inches in length.
- Hair must be clean, dried, and detangled.
- We only accept non-chemically processed hair. No perms or hair dyes.
- Upon request, we will remove 12 inches of healthy combed out and dry hair for you.
- KidSnips accepts one Wigs for Kids donation per day per location, only on weekdays.
- We do not accept Wigs for Kids donations on school holidays or weekends or the weeks before Christmas, Easter, back-to-school, or Thanksgiving.
- KidSnips gives each donor a Wigs for Kids certificate to commemorate the occasion.
- We offer the Wigs for Kids service for existing KidSnips customers only.